
I received a wonderful, wonderful gift from my parents last week. A gift card to Central Market. What an absolute joy it was to walk through the store and buy nothing but splurge items. Olives, ginger beer, a chocolate raspberry tart, linen spray, etc.
I walked by the 'smelly stuff' (so named by my boys) and stopped once again at the Kimono Rose section by a company called Thymes. I've smelled it a thousand times at every salon or boutique that carries the Thymes products. The Kimono Rose scent makes me happy. Could I bring myself to spend $30 of my precious gift card on lotion? Even a lotion as delicious smelling as Kimono Rose???
I weighed my options and went for the $5.00 package of Kimono Rose bath salts. I felt satisfied that I'd splurged, but not gone crazy.
So, yesterday was a wonderful, rare Saturday. There was no baseball, no soccer, no church, no NOTHING. We all just hung around the house for a change. When the little boys were down for their nap, I decided it was my chance to try out the bath salts.
I drew the water as hot as I could and poured in the salts. Kimono Rose wafted all around me - enveloping me in its addictive and decadent smell.
I grinned because I rarely get to go to the restroom alone. Stone follows me everywhere, even offering to flush for me BEFORE I'm done with my business. Cade fills my day with joy, but also lots and lots of moist stuff that can't be named in the same posting as Kimono Rose. And here I was. Alone. With a book. Heaven.
You see where this is headed, right?
There's a knock at the door and Chad walks in with an undeniably cute baby. He's still sleepy, and he's giving those 'just-woke-up' smiles that are my favorite. I'm not sure how the suggestion came up. I don't remember saying yes nor taking my lovely hot water and adding cold to it - but the baby ended up in the tub with me. And of course, the big boys started yelling at each other from another part of the house. So Chad leaves, and I am sitting there with my cherubic baby, who is splashing and giggling. I think, "this isn't too bad" as I feel the cool water getting warmer.
In my world, even in my place of sanctuary, Kimono Rose by any other name is still baby pee in my bathwater.
2 comments:
You're such a gifted writer. You had me until 'baby pee'.
Ha ha ha! I'm glad you got some fun and special things. You deserve it!
Post a Comment