Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Because I'm a better mom than my mom was

I sent my VDBNM ('very dear but neurotic mother' - let's get it out there, people!!!) a web album today. Her response has left me with blog fodder, once again. Here's a snippet:


"Yea! I'm glad we're getting pictures of Cade. I was beginning to think after 3 boys your camera was tired."


Ahem...

This from the mother who wrote 2 things in my baby book - one of them being that I was a bit of a bully? Those other kids deserved being bitten and pushed down!

This from the mom who made me brush her hair for 2 hours for a pair of Guess jeans when everyone else had at least twenty??? (Ingenious idea, Mom - mind if I use it?!)

This from a mother who obviously kept me locked inside an antique refrigerator???


This from the mom who threatened to drive me by the house of my latest crush when I stuck my head out of the sunroof and closed it up to my neck?

This from the mom who allowed me to run away for 27 minutes after school one day? Shu-hure, you might have been at work at the time, but you didn't cry or panic or anything when you got home and I told you!

This from the mom who told me that the beautiful bouquet I picked for her were weeds? I mean, poison ivy is actually a beautiful plant when you take time to look at it... (sorry about that rash)

This from a mom who let me go to school looking like this?????????????



Anyway, I'm obviously a better mom than you are. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go put clothes on Stone. He's playing with the grill skewers in the back yard. Man, it's cold out there!

Oh, and here's one of the cute pictures I sent of Cade...
...which is a better picture than this!

2 comments:

Scary Mom said...

Half of everything said is true with a little embellishment thrown in. I won't say where because this post was too much fun!

I will defend myself on a couple of fronts, though. The 2-hour fiasco of your brushing my hair was your idea. You wanted those Guess jeans so bad you came up with the brush scheme. Little did you know, I would make you stick to it. Use it but don't give in, after all, it's one of your favorite memories and it felt good. But I almost couldn't take all the whining while you were earning your jeans.

You stuck your head out the sunroof and then you hit the button to see what would happen. I just didn't open it - mostly because I didn't know which way to push the button - choke to death or a breath of fresh air.

Your current friends should have known you when you were developing your own sense of style. Many were the times I shook my head behind your back, but I also didn't want to mess with your self-esteem. Apparently, I should have.

You were facing the sun! Whatever you do, don't make that baby picture of you a black and white!

Megan said...

Awwww. Baby Dori with a MASSIVE bonnet. Adorable. I actually LOVE that second school age pic of you...you were beautiful then and you're beautiful now! I love you!