When it was his turn to count, he decided that since he was little he only needed to count to three. So, I made a mad dash for his room and threw myself behind a large kitchen/grill toy. As I was dropping to the floor behind it, my leg caught on this thing sticking out of the toy. I saw white stars in my eyes. My vision blurred a little from the pain. But I pressed on and grimaced silently behind the toy in order to continue the game. If you can take a moment to visualize me writhing in pain like a mime. Or better yet, over-dramatic, silent movie style...yes, that's it.
I hear Stone go past his bedroom door calling, "Where are you? I'm going to fiiiiind you!!!" The pain becomes a little more tolerable and I notice that he's gone far enough away that I can barely hear his voice. So, I make a teasing hoot to get him to come back my way. Now I can't hear him at all. I make another teasing hoot. Nothing. I call out, "Stone?" And he walks past his doorway saying, "Mom, I'm not playing Hide-And-Go-Seek anymore. Cade and I are going to play with cars."
Here I am, crouched behind his kitchen toy, leg throbbing - and he decides he's not playing anymore. After 27 seconds of looking for me. Next time, we are going to talk ahead of time about finding your playmate before deciding on a new activity.
My mommy merit badge for today (8 inch ruler):

2 comments:
OUCH! I've hidden and never been found, as well. It's depressing.
I hope you feel better soon.
I know the feeling. Hailey and I were playing the quiet game when after an extended period of time, she began talking. "I won" I shouted. "No you didn't" she retorted. "I paused it" she said. I began ranting, "You can't pause the quiet game"!!!! to which she responded,"Ada, I unpaused it so I won". No mercy the next time we play Old Maids.
Post a Comment