Today is a day of celebration. It's Cade's 3rd birthday. A landmark for sure. More than just a birthday, this day signifies the official end of the baby days in my house. I don't have a single child in the nursery at church now. Not a single kid in my house wears diapers.
There are no more sippy cups.
No more pacifiers.
No more quartered grapes!
Can I get an Amen!!
I might be more freaked out if it weren't for my older boys. Pearce, Cole, and Stone make me so proud - make me thankful for God's intervention (according to my parents, I deserve much, much worse in return for my childhood). I am not mourning the end of the baby days because of them.
I'm looking forward to seeing who this little boy becomes. I'm looking forward to knowing him as a person. I'm excited to see him grow into his humor, strengths, quirks. I'm looking forward to discovering his passions with him and encouraging his pursuits. And I'm looking forward to watching him become independent and confident in who he is aside from 'Dori's son.'
Cade Garret Young, I love you. You are wild and unpredictable and tenacious and unsinkable. You are more awesome than I could have dreamed. You are the reason the word 'awesome' was created.
No comments:
Post a Comment