Saturday, November 22, 2008

The pictures of our Austin trip I won't post anywhere but here

Sometimes, I really wonder how I manage to stumble through life as what appears to be a well-adjusted adult.

If you are on Facebook, you know that I had quite an interesting trip to Austin last weekend with Chad. We were at the hotel when I realized that I'd forgotten all the hanging clothes - leaving us with what we had on. It shouldn't have been that much of an issue for us, and it wasn't for Chad, but I'd had an accident at Mt. Bonnell that left my current shirt unsuitable for wearing out. What's funnier is that Chad was constantly asking me if he could carry picnic stuff for me because he was afraid I'd fall. In fact, he wouldn't allow me to carry the camera. I was slightly insulted until I ran my forehead directly into a tree branch, twisted in pain and caught my shirt on a tree.

Then, there was the lipstick. I bought red lipstick to impress Chad. This was the first day I'd worn it. The problem with it was that I was too aware of the lipstick. In an effort to keep it off my teeth, I was constantly running my tongue over them like that creepy toothpaste commercial. Also, to try to keep it off my drink and sandwich (red on sourdough, ewww), I had to open my lips like a horse. It eventually backfired and Chad took this picture after our picnic. Check out the chin. And over to the right, how did it get there??? Chad laughing at me was not the reaction I hoped for when I bought the red lipstick.

When we ended up at Pedernales Falls State Park, I was hopeful that we'd end up with pictures that were frame-worthy. It's such a beautiful place. However, I either can't take a good picture, or Chad doesn't know how to capture my good side. The wind didn't help. Oh, and the blue jean skirt with tennis shoes (remember, I was working with limited clothing options).
What am I doing with my legs???

In all fairness, I'm not the only one that takes a funny picture.

3 comments:

Scary Mom said...

Oh, Dori, you make my heart sing! You make a everything groovy! I think you move me!

You make me smile, fall on the floor, and Dad came in from outside to see what all the noise was - it was actually the last shot that I can't get out of my head.

I do love you! Mom

Megan said...

I've never seen Chad from quite that angle before...

Katie said...

What are you doing with your legs? It reminds me of the 'chalk outlines' in Twilight!