Saturday, November 8, 2008

Talk about your unwelcome surprises!!!

My Mom posted in her blog about unwelcome surprises. We had a moment today that would have gone PERFECT with her post.

You might remember that my friend Megan is very...um...creative with her cooking. Here's a flashback in case you don't remember the tri-colored cookies that caused a funny couple of posts on her blog and mine.

Today, her son had his 3rd birthday party at a local park. Megan did not disappoint my expectations - homemade cake, hot dogs with all the fixins, and a labeled goodie bag for each kid. Within each bag, there's a headband, a crazy straw, a ball, and a...well, let me change to Chad-mode from this point:

Begin Chad's inner-monologue -

"Hmm, what is this?
A moldy peanut butter cup?
No, this must be one of Megan's wacky-colored confections" (if Chad used the word confection).
Hmm, here, I'll give Stone a bite...
Oh, no...why is Stone gagging? What have I done?"

End Chad's inner-monologue


At this point, someone has pointed out to Chad that the goodie in question is actually a home-made crayon. Please enjoy the pictures - my tribute to Chad's and Stone's unwelcome surprise.

Here's the 'candy'. In all fairness, it is shaped like a peanut butter cup.

Stone's first reaction.

Check out the spit!!!

Daddy trying desperately to get the crayon out.
At least Chad didn't beat himself up too bad...

Yes, you are correct in thinking, "Holy cow! Is that crayon embedded in his teeth?"

4 comments:

Katie said...

Poor S & poor Chaddy Daddy & poor Megan...I'm sorry you all had to sacrifice to give us a good show. We sure enjoyed it though.

Oh, and Dori, I'm sending you a piece of flare in honor of Stone.

Megan said...

Oops. Sorry. I thought he knew. Hey - aren't we glad crayons are non-toxic!

Megan said...

PS. What does "very...um...creative" mean?!?!?

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! Poor Chad, but definitely worth a good laugh... and of course picture. I'm so glad you always think to kodak every moment!